Run for RMHCNA is a 5 km, 10 km or half marathon run in Cold Lake to support RMHCNA.
Cold Lake, Alberta
May 6, 2017
Sponsorship opportunities are available. Contact Oreen Skiba at 780-545-1976 or [email protected] for more information.
Online registration is now open. To register in person or over the phone contact Oreen.
Half Marathon: $65
10 km: $30
5 km: $20
Age 12 and Under 10 km or 5 km: No Fees. Must have an adult accompanying them who is participating in a Run for RMHCNA race.
Early Bird registration closes on February 10, 2017.
Race Kits are only guaranteed for participants who register before April 7, 2017.
Once you register online you can start collecting donations in support of your run. If you’d like to collect cash or cheque donations, please use the pledge form and hand it in on May 6 at the Run for RMHCNA.
Prizes for Highest Fundraisers
$1,500 travel voucher
Autographed Milan Lucic Frame Pack donated by United Cycle
Autographed Cam Talbot Frame Pack donated by United Cycle
- Set a goal.
- Email your friends and family.
- Use social media to spread the word.
- Approach your employer to make a matching donation.
- Set up a donation jar at work.
Race Day: Saturday, 28 May 2016, Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada
Race Options and Start Times
Half Marathon 9:00AM
10KM Race 9:30AM
5KM Fun Run Walk and Race 10:00AM
Military Team Event
This event is open only to military personnel, DND public servants, Staff of NPF, or MFRC staff. Each team will be comprised of all male or all female participants and must consist of:
- three participants;
- personnel from the same Unit;
- participants registered in the same event; and
- pre-registered participants who will be receiving a race chip.
The winning teams for 5 km run, 10 km run, and half-marathon events will be based on the cumulative times of each participant. To register, submit the following information to [email protected] by 1200 hrs on 18 May 2016:
- team name;
- full name of each participant;
- the event your team is participating in (5 km, 10 km or 21 km); and
- the Unit your team is representing (i.e. AETE, 409 Sqn, etc)
There is no limit to the number of teams registered from each Unit. To encourage participation, teams will earn an additional 50 points towards the Wing Commander’s Cup for their Unit.
Race Package Pickup
If you registered by 18 May 2016, you will be able to pick up your race packages in advance of the event. Early race package pick-up will take place at the Col. J.J. Parr Sports Centre on 25 May 2016 from 1200 – 1800 hrs and 26 May 2016 from 1200 – 1800 hrs. Those who have pre-registered:
- name of person registered for the event;
- what event they are registered in; and
- who will be picking up their race package.
If you had registered after 18 May 2016, or if you can’t make the times outlined above, we ask that you pick up your race kits the morning of the event, race kits at this time will be available as a first come first serve.
1. The event is FREE to register for. There are no additional charges.
2. Pre-registration closes 18 May 2016. Registrations received after 18 May 2016 may not receive a race chip.
3. Online Registration will close at 12:00 pm (noon) on Friday, 27 May 2016.
If you would like to cancel your registration, please e-mail Niovy Herhenteris at [email protected] no later than 72 hours prior to the event.
All routes begin at the Col J.J. Parr Sports Centre near the intersection of Kingsway and Timberline Drive on the 4 Wing Cold Lake Base. The course runs throughout the Base and towards the Back Gate.
The 4 Wing Commander and 4 Wing Chief Warrant Officer will have the opportunity to present awards to:
- the top male and female participants in each event within the following age groups:
- Youth: 13-16 years of age;
- Junior: 17-34 years of age; and
- Senior: 35-44 years of age; and
- Masters: 45 years of age and older.
- All participants under the age of 13 will receive an award for participation upon conclusion of their race.
Volunteer parking will be at the back of the Col J.J. Parr Sports Centre. Access to the back of the J.J. Parr Sports Centre will be closed at 0800 hrs to allow for event set up.
All units are encouraged to provide volunteer participation for the day of the event no later than 13 May 2016. Units are encouraged, but not required, to sponsor the hydration/first aid stations along the route and display their Unit colours. Units interested in sponsoring these limited stations will receive 100 points towards the Wing Commanders Cup and are required to submit their members names by 13 May 2016. All individual military volunteers will receive an extra 25 points towards to the Wing Commanders Cup competition. Unit OPI’s and/or Volunteers can contact Yolanda Janssen of the Military Family Resource Centre (MFRC) at 780-594-6006 or at [email protected] for more information or to submit their names. A volunteer briefing will be held to provide all pertinent information. Date to be determined.